29 Oct Slimes set for big day out
SLIMES NEWCASTLE and THE EDWARDS BAR Host
THE ANNUAL BOARD MEET
The way the day works. If you have any board of any shape and form you want to sell then come down for the day register your board and we will try sell it for you. Can be a new or old board of any shape or size as long as it is a piece of foam glassed.
If you don’t have any boards to sell but are looking for a bargain then come down and find your self an old or new board.
Boards will be registered for sale, percentage of sale goes to the charity Sids and Kids and a small percentage we take. You can then grab the cash if your board sells at the end of the day.
Don’t want to buy or sell a board then come down and watch some live board art by local artists, live music by local bands, meet four time world champion Mark Richards, buy into a raffle with a chance to win a board and more, or just come down for some drinks and food and some killer vibes!!
– Four time Surfing world champion Mark Richards will be there between the hours of 10am and 1pm talking boards, showing off his newly released board models and signing gear.
– Live board art by local artists. Artists include Marc Adam and, Michael Langenegger. Also a displayed piece by Brett Piva from Pocket Design. Between 1pm – 3pm.
– Live Music From local Bands “The Moving Stills” and “Bad Valley” Starting from 5:30pm.
– Stone & Wood Brewing will be set up and pouring beers from their caravan Bonnie from 12
– Raffle to win an MR Surfboard, Rip Curl watch, and more. Tickets on sale in-store at Slimes Newcastle or on the day. Tickets: $2 for one or $5 for 3. All proceeds of the raffle go to Sids and Kids charity. Raffle drawn at 4:30pm.
– Food can be purchased from the bar at The Edwards or there will be a “pig on the Spit”.
10am- 1pm: Mark Richards
1pm- 3pm: Live board art
4pm: Cash collection if your board sold (At Slimes)
4:30pm: Raffle Drawn
5:30pm: Live Music “the Moving Stills”
6:15pm: Live music “Bad Valley”
The event after party will be held at The Edwards Bar, located on Parry street right across the road from Slimes Newcastle. The board meet will be located in the garage space right next to the bar. The space is massive and has plenty of room for boards, bonnie the stone and wood caravan, board art, live music and plenty of people. Come down during the day and they will brew you up an amazing coffee, cook up some lunch or come during the afternoon and grab a beer.
SLIMES IN STORE MASSIVE ONE DAY SALE!!
As a one day offer we will be having a massive sale Store wide. This is Newcastle store only and will include 10% Store wide. We will also be having a major board sale. Selected boards reduced to $499.99.. Brands like JS, Rusty, CI, MR and more reduced. (selected styles only) Opening hours 9am- 5pm.
For more information call us on
Brad or Mick
Stone and Wood: http://
Mark Richards: http://
Marc Adam: http://iconosquare.com/
Michael Langenegger: http://
Moving Stills Band: https://
Bad Valley Band: http://
Sids and Kids: http://
The Edwards: http://